What happens if you need to make a claim?
If a situation arises where your client needs to make a claim, rest assured we are here to help. Our claims team are on hand to help with advice and assistance when it’s needed most. We offer 24/7 Emergency Claim Numbers and we pride ourselves on our claims service.
We utilise the services of hundreds of professional marine organisations nationwide to assist in the management of repairs, including professional, independent marine loss adjusters to assist in fair, prompt attention to all claims.
If an event occurs that is likely to result in a claim to be lodged, the following checklist will help you and your client ensure that everything required is provided early on, so that the claim can be assessed quickly.
First you should:
- do what you can to prevent any further loss, damage, cost or liability
- tell the police if the event involves theft, attempted theft, malicious damage or impact
- call us on 1300 996 110 or contact your insurance broker
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- you may also have to lodge a report with your relevant state maritime or transport authority, you should consult them directly to discuss the incident.
You must never, without our consent:
- admit guilt, fault or liability (except where required by law)
- offer or negotiate to pay a claim
- approve any repairs or arrange replacements (other than emergency repairs neccessary to minimise or prevent further loss or damage)
- dispose of any damaged property
What happens next:
Our claims team will provide you with advice to expedite the processing of the claim, we will generally need the following (although may change depending on the actual incident):
- Completion of our claim form
- A quotation to repair the damage sustained, or replacement of any goods stolen or uneconomical to repair.
- In addition for theft or malicious damage claims, proof of ownership for the items claimed, plus details of the police report / case number.
- For any claims brought against you for incidents third parties deem you responsible for (legal liability claims) please attach details of all demand/s received. Please remember you must never admit guilt, fault or liability (refer above).
Your assistance with the above will help us help you and assist in processing your claim.
For full details of claims responsibilities and our commitments to you, please refer to the policy wording / Product Disclosure Statement.