Yacht & Catamaran insurance made easy
The Nautilus Marine Boat Insurance Policy has been designed to provide cover for owners of Yacht & Catamarans, subject to our Underwriting acceptance criteria.
At Nautilus, we understand that the boat you choose, and the waterways you use your boat on, sets your lifestyle apart from other boat owners, hence we can tailor the policy to suit your individual needs.
Cover includes accidental loss or damage through events such as collision, sinking, grounding, fire, vandalism, storm or theft to hull, motor(s), spars, equipment and accessories, boat tender and personal effects in or on your boat.
Key benefits for Yacht & Catamaran owners include, but are not limited to:
- Automatic Watersports equipment cover up to $20,000, with a limit of $2,000 for each item;
- $10,000,000 Legal Liability as standard (other limits available upon request);
- 100nm full race cover for Yachts and Catamarans included at no additional cost;
- Yacht racing entrant fee reimbursement cover up to $2,000*;
- Lost keys cover up to $1,500;
- Personal accident cover for the named insured up to $50,000;
- No depreciation deduction on claims for mechanical or electrical components of the motor up to 5 years in age;
- Agreed value for 2 years on new boats from the date of first registration*;
- Nil excess for loss or damage suffered while moored at usual berth, excluding swing moorings;
- Pay by the month option.
* Terms and Conditions apply
To ensure this product meets your needs please read the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).
Yachts & catamarans are especially vulnerable to lightning strikes
Nautilus Marine Insurance offers lightning strike damage protection under both storm and accidental loss or damage coverage, with coverage up to the full sum insured. There is also no additional excess for lighting strike damage above standard excess.